Colorado Access adopts clinical practice guidelines that are based on valid and reliable clinical evidence or a consensus of healthcare professionals in each respective field of study. These guidelines consider the needs of Colorado Access members, are adopted in consultation with healthcare professionals.
Colorado Access recognizes the following organizations as the leaders in their respective fields and adopts the clinical guidelines put forth by these organizations. You can find the most recent version of each clinical practice guideline by following the link below.
Colorado Access invites and welcomes feedback from providers, members, and the community about the practice guidelines adopted and endorsed for our network. If you have thoughts or suggestions regarding the guidelines endorsed, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-511-5010.
- Adult Health Maintenance (Massachusetts Health Quality Partners)
- Adult Immunizations (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Pediatric Health Maintenance (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Pediatric Immunizations (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Influenza Vaccination (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Perinatal Care (Epocrates)
- Appropriate Antibiotic Use (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Asthma (National Institutes of Health)
- Diabetes Care (American Diabetes Association)
- Down Syndrome (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Obesity – Adult (Obesity Society, American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology)
- Obesity - Child (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Smoking Cessation (US Department of Health and Human Services)
- Alcohol and Substance Use Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment, SBIRT (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry)
- Bipolar Disorder – Adult (American Psychiatric Association)
- Bipolar Disorder – Child (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry)
- Major Depressive Disorder (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Substance Use Disorders (American Psychiatric Association)